Friday, January 15, 2010

Puppy!

It's been a long time coming... Yesterday we picked out a puppy! She's only four weeks old, so we have to wait another month before bringing her home. She'll be a pretty big dog once she's full grown: her mom is a german shepherd - malamute cross, and the dad looks like a cross between retriever and rottweiler. We went to see the puppies and their parents out at a farm in Aldergrove. There were three males, and then twin females; they were all so adorable and fluffy! But when I picked up our little one, she immediately starting giving me kisses all over my face (poo breath and all!) and then got warm and cozy for a good long snuggle in my arms. I was sold! Nate had so much fun playing with all the puppies, and did pretty good with the gargantuan parent dogs too. Monte & I have wanted a dog since the day we got married, and considered getting a small dog when we lived in our townhouse, but we're glad we waited until now. Although, with having two small kids, I'm not sure what we're getting ourselves into!

No comments: