Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cody's Dedication

We had Cody dedicated at our church, South Abbotsford Church, last Sunday (January 31). We were fortunate to have our life group leader (who is also a pastor at our church) agree to dedicate Cody. So just as Nate's dedication by Rita Lihaven, this one was done by someone who has a great connection to our family. Doug even held Cody the day he was born, and he and his wife were praying for us during the delivery. The dedication went well; Cody was quiet and content throughout the whole thing. Our family and other life group members stood up with us to pray with us as well. And then we had our family over for lunch. It was a great day.

It's been a rough few weeks at our house. We are finally getting out of the 'sick slump' that took us hostage since before Christmas, and that has taken a lot out of all of us. Thankfully, January was unusually warm, and even as I write the sun is beaming through our living room windows. So the weather helped keep us sane! We are still quite sleep deprived, which for me translates to short on patience, easily frustrated, and generally down on life. I think there's only been one or two times since before Christmas when I've gotten four or more consecutive hours of sleep. And I just don't do well with that! Monte is extremely tired as well, getting up at 4am for work. So tonight I'm planning on beginning a cry-thru-the-night plan, which I hope will only take three nights! I'm going to set myself up with snacks and DVD's so that when Cody wakes up at 1am (and 3am, and 5am...) to eat, I can distract myself enough to allow him to cry himself to sleep. We'll see how I do with that!



No comments: