Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Waving and Crawling and Talking... Oh My!

This past week has just been a whirlwind of firsts for me! I'm proud to announce that I'm crawling! It may not look like the typical crawl, but man I can get around. My parents had no idea how busy I could be. Just wait 'til I can walk, mom and dad! I also love to wave hello and goodbye, and, drumroll please... I said my first word! Twice, actually. And I haven't said anything since. I said "bye-bye" and the first time I said it my mom chalked it up to baby babble (please... as if what I say is just babble!). But then I said it again later that same day and waved while saying it. And now all I ever hear from my mom and dad is "bye-bye" in hopes that I'll say it again. Also, my top tooth has poked through! I'm so glad... I've been working so hard for several months on that one.

I can now pick up puffed wheat and put it in my mouth with absolutely no assistance. It's my favourite part of every meal, just because I feel so independent. And when I'm eating (or just see food) I move my hands around like crazy in anticipation. I eat four times a day, with lots of fruits and vegetables, as well as oatmeal or rice cereal. I am quite the curious little fella, getting into anything I can crawl to - I especially love sorting through a laundry basket full of clean clothes. Here are a few photos, including one of me sleeping in a strange position... my parents thought it was quite funny.

No comments: