Thursday, January 20, 2011

Spent

I got the flu on Monday. Like, really bad. I NEVER get the flu. Once a decade is my average, so when I get it, it hits me hard! It's Thursday afternoon and for the first time since Sunday I have an appetite, and can actually eat something. I tell ya, it really affects your energy level when you can't eat. Especially when your 24/7 job of taking care of your kids doesn't stop. I've said it before... someone could make a killing offering sick days to moms: coming into their homes, taking care of their kids, cooking, cleaning house, etc. I'd pay for that.

Monte seems to be fighting this flu too, because yesterday we were both just toast by 4pm. He was on the couch and I was curled up on our bed while our kids watched one TV show after another. It was one of those evenings where you kept looking at the clock, counting down how many minutes til bedtime. And there were always just too many minutes. So after the dinner I made but couldn't eat because of nausea, we tossed the boys into the bath for so long they were all pruny and shrively. And this is when family moments happen - when you're both sick and exhausted, and wondering how you're going to make it through another day all by yourselves...

Our half naked boys danced up a storm in Nate's room to some cranked Imagination Movers tunes while Monte & I laid on the floor, killing ourselves laughing. It was just the best medicine ever, and made those last few minutes before bedtime pass so quickly. There's something so wonderful about little kids just losing themselves in music; Nate with his crazy moves and intense facial expressions, and Cody furiously stomping his chubby little legs, trying to copy what Nate does. It was one of those moments where you just wanted it to keep going so you wouldn't ever forget it, cause you know you'll never get it back.

1 comment:

MMJenF said...

What a great blog! Ok, dancing naked to the Imagination Movers,... well, I'm gonna say that is tops on my list of daily to-do's! Thank you for the giggle today!
I'm looking forward to the kick off of the Movers 2011 Tour Feb 4th! Hoping to catch them the 4th, 5th, and in SoCal on the 26th and 27th! (www.ImaginationMovers.com/events)

I'm also part of their awesome street team; makin' noise for our boys! You can join us and earn tickets to their shows, and other great Movers gear for the kiddos (and us!) at: www.FanManager.net/teams/ImaginationMovers! Wee-Ho!