Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Sweet Boy!

Today is Nate's third birthday, and we partied it up! Monte set up the plastic Thomas track we bought him last night (while watching the opening ceremonies for the Olympics) so that when Nate woke up this morning he was surprised and excited to play with his new toy. Nate opened the other presents we got him, then we had breakfast together and had a relaxing morning drinking coffee and watching Nate play with his new track. His friends came at 10:30am for his party, and Nate was ecstatic! Elijah & Micah, Tydin & Jarris, Isaac & Owen, Annah & Julia, and Kate & Lincoln came to celebrate with Nathan, and we had a great time playing together, eating pizza, corn dogs and cake, and opening presents.

This was the first real birthday party we've ever thrown for Nate, and while I was so excited about it, it was also bittersweet. Monte & I reflected this morning on the day of his birth, and just how fast these past three years have gone. We feel so incredibly blessed to have Nathan in our lives, and I'm grateful for the special relationship he and I have. He is a true sweetheart, with a gentle spirit and a sensitive heart, and I love him with all my being. Nathan, happy third birthday my sweet boy!! We love you and are so proud to call you our son!





No comments: