Thursday, January 8, 2009

Insomnia

If you were to spend a night - or even just an afternoon - at my house lately you'd probably guess my New Year's resolution is to sleep less. A LOT less! We're not sure if it was my ear fluid catastrophe that messed me up, or if it was the out-of-schedule Christmas celebrations, or if it could even be that I've had nightmares lately, but I am not a fan of going to bed these days. It started Boxing Day night when I spent my first night in my own crib after being away from home for a few days. I screamed like crazy and took over an hour to fall asleep which is not normal for me. And then I'd be up every few hours to do it all over again. The same went for naptime.

It's getting better, but I'm still only averaging about 8 hours of sleep at night (instead of my usual 11-12 hrs) and maybe an hour for naptime if I decide to go to sleep at all. My mom and dad were ready to pull their hair out at times. We were all pretty miserable. The one thing I do like about my sleeping problems is that I get to crawl into bed with my mom and dad when I wake up too early in the morning. It's the only way I'll go back to sleep. I NEVER get to sleep in their bed! My mom loves it too, cause I throw my arm across her neck, smush my face up against hers and breathe my stinky morning breath into her face. It's premium snuggle time.

No comments: