Sunday, January 18, 2009

Big Changes Ahead

My second birthday is right around the corner, and while I'm very excited to turn two I've been told that there are several major changes that also lurk around that same corner. Now, for most toddlers the prospect of becoming a 'big boy' is an exciting time... most my age can't wait to be given that status. Well, I'm not one of them. Like my mom, I am not a fan of change. And becoming a big boy means too many big changes. I suppose I'll have to find the positives in these changes and try to have a good attitude. My least favourite change is that I'm gradually beginning to potty-train. That toilet scares me! Even with a special seat, familiar reading material and a stool brought in just for me, I do not want to sit on that thing for a second! But, I've discovered potty-training underpants, which is the silver lining. They are so fun to wear as hats! I also will be moving into a toddler bed, as soon as my sleep problems are over. I'm not sure how I feel about this change, but I do know that I get a bright new comforter for my bed. I'm stoked about that!



No comments: