Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My First Steps!

Well, it seems as though February is a month of firsts for me... and today I took my first unassisted steps! I love to look out the window, and in our living room are two windows just at my height that look out onto a parking lot. I make sure to wave at everyone coming and going. Anyway, I was truckin' along with my walker when I realized someone was about to leave the parking lot without a friendly goodbye wave. I knew I couldn't whip my walker around to the window fast enough, so I decided to give walking a try. And man I nailed those few steps from my walker to the window! My mom got all excited and yelled to my dad, but he missed it. So a few minutes later when everyone was situated, we recreated the event and both my mom and dad watched me repeat the steps I took the first time. We had quite a celebration! I'm very proud to be an official walker. But I don't feel ready to take it on full-time yet. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: