Monday, April 23, 2007

The Best Day Ever!

My mom and I talk often about the day I was born. It's my absolute favourite day, so I thought I'd share it with you. It all started when my mom's water broke on Monday morning. She went to see her doctor later that day, and then was sent to Langley Memorial to get all checked out, since she wasn't having any contractions. They sent her home, and told her to come back the next day and they'd induce her then. But the next day the maternity ward at LMH was packed with all kinds of ladies having babies, so they sent her to Peace Arch Hospital in White Rock. She was induced around 1pm on that Tuesday; her contractions sped up and intensified in just a few short hours. She tried breathing in gas to help out with the pain, but she didn't like that, and then she had morphine but that didn't help either! Meanwhile, daddy left the hospital to get himself some fast food. (Looking back, mommy's not sure she was so happy about daddy leaving!). Around 7pm she was all ready to bring me into the world, if you know what I mean... and at 8:52pm I arrived! Grandma and Grandpa Horban were driving home from Vancouver that evening, so they decided to make a stop at the hospital just a few hours before I was born. And my auntie Megan met them there. They were so patient to wait for my arrival, so I got to meet them just minutes after my birth. And then Grandpa and Grandma Baerg came to visit me the next day. So did a lot of other people who were anticipating my birth. Below are a few photos of the big event:


No comments: